Saturday, August 30, 2014

Stars are Sometimes Country Scrappy and Sawtooth

https://www.etsy.com/listing/201777044/colorful-country-scrappy-patchwork?ref=shop_home_active_1
 
After some time, perhaps too much time, I'm updating my, no doubt, feeling abandoned blog. May I never allow so much time again to pass without a hither or a haw. I finally finished and listed on Etsy a Sawtooth Star Quilt Top that I had some fun in making.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/201777044/colorful-country-scrappy-patchwork?ref=shop_home_active_1
 
I can't say that the total experience, though I love sewing, was fun. In my effort to perfect the quilt top, I seam ripped some of the borders around the blocks a few times. (I don't think that quilters every enjoy ripping seams)
 
 
If I do say so myself, I think that I did a pretty-good job in centering the post in the shabby, multi-colors sashing, as the above photo shows.
 
 
This quilt top is composed of only four LARGE scrappy sawtooth stars. I love doing scrappy pieced work-so soothing.  
 


Did you realize that there are FIVE borders on this quilt top? -Count them if you can.

It's all coming back to me now. Updating this blog used to be such a nerve-wrecking task, that I wanted to update more often was outweighed by the hair-pulling errors that I would often constantly receive while updating. Now I remember why I hadn't updated in so long!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment