Saturday, June 9, 2018

Jumping over the TURNSTILES. 
 
I made a few turnstile blocks recently. This was a first at trying this style of blocks.
 
One would think that, as long as I've been sewing, since childhood, I would have already tried every block that has been made. Nope!
 

 These blocks are approximately 8.25 x 8.25 inches each.

The off-white fabric is called:  Japanese Garden.

 
 
These Cranberry, Green, White, Pink Floral blocks are 8 x 8 inches.
 

 
 These paisley blocks are 6.50 x 6.50.
 

 
The chicks blocks are 8 1/4 each.
 

 
 
I've notice that, depending on the color placement during construction, the turnstile blocks can look-like a totally different pattern; although it is the exact same pattern.
 
There are many more that I still haven't tried. ex. Martha Washington's star, Drunkard Path, etc., and those that are more easily pieced via hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment